vCenter Server is the centralized management utility for VMware, and enables vSphere infrastructure management from a single centralized location.
If VMWare is running on the private network, the TunHub gateway must be configured before vCenter integration can be added to Cloudaware.
Since the access to vCenter Management Servers may be limited due to their location in a private network, this integration requires setting up a TunHub Gateway connection with Cloudaware. Address the TunHub Integration Guide for more information.
Adding vCenter Server
1. Log in to your Cloudaware account → Admin.
2. Find vCenter Management Server in the list of integrations, click +Add.
3. To grant access to connect to VMWare infrastructure, fill out the following fields:
Name - vCenter Integration Name
URL - the TunHub URL generated by Cloudaware after a designated route is set up in TunHub integration (e.g. https://tunhub.cloudaware.com:1234)
Username - the username for your vCenter Management server
Password - the password for your vCenter Management server
Service Instance UUID (optional) - insert vCenter server UUID* if Cloudaware Breeze agent is to be installed on VMs. This field will be required for correct matching of Breeze data.
Trust Certificate - check this box if the VMWare runs on a private network, and TunHub Gateway has been set up in Cloudaware.
*UUID is listed as instanceUuid. Get the instanceUuid using the following browser path:
https://<vcserver>/mob/?moid=ServiceInstance&doPath=content.about Learn more
Set up as many vCenter integrations as many vCenter Management servers you need Cloudaware to have access to. Each integration requires a unique designated route configured in TunHub.
Click Save to test the connection.
4. The green light in 'Status' means that vCenter Management Server integration has been successfully configured. If there is a red light, please contact email@example.com.
Please allow 24-48 hours for the collectors to establish a TunHub Gateway connection and start collecting resources.
5. Once the integration is added, go to Cloudaware CMDB Navigator to view the vCenter data collected under the tab 'VMWare':
List of vCenter Objects
Cloudaware supports the following vCenter objects:
vCenter Virtual Machine Fact